Careflight Emergency Air Transport
When life-threatening illness or injury strikes, every second until treatment counts. Emergency transport may be critical to survival and recovery.
In a region with a large, widely-scattered rural population, rapid emergency air transport is essential. Careflight brings state-of-the-art technology to the people throughout the region, with a helicopter and airplane stationed in Sioux Falls. Careflight is ready to respond.
Careflight services provided by Air Methods and Avera McKennan Careflight.
More About Careflight
- Over 2.3 million miles traveled
- Completed our 10,000th flight in the rotor wing helicopter as of October 12, 2009
- Over 5400 fixed wing transports
- Over 900 ground transports
- over 15,000 patients transported
- CAMTS Certified (Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Services)
Careflight Team Expertise
With Careflight, you receive the best possible care throughout the flight. Flight teams maintain expertise in the following areas:
- Cardiology (cardiac balloon pump)
Consider a Donation
To make an investment in the Avera McKennan Foundation, and your financial peace of mind in the event of emergency air transport, please contact the Avera McKennan Foundation.