Cigarette smoking is the number one preventable cause of death in the United States. The Avera Corporate Health team has the experience and expertise to assist individuals in the journey to become tobacco free. Our health coaching quit rates of 38 percent are among the highest in the nation.
- In the U.S., cigarette smoking is responsible for about one in five deaths annually or 438,00 deaths per year
- 25 to 40 percent of smokers will die as a result of smoking
- Out of the 45.1 million adults who smoke cigarettes, more than 40 percent try to quit each year
- 3 percent of U.S. adults use smokeless tobacco
- 70 percent of adult smokers report that they want to quit completely
Additional resources for tobacco cessation:
Proper nutrition is essential for living a healthy life. The corporate health team offers a variety of ways to focus on good nutritional habits:
- Health coaching
- Wellness challenges
- Group programs
- Wellness workshops
- Health education
Personal and work-related stress can have a great affect on health and productivity. The Avera team is equipped with health professionals that can help individuals better identify and manage stress.
Being active is key to living well. Lack of physical activity is a major contributor to poor health. The Avera team has numerous options for improving physical activity: