Our cardiac care system not only provides the best diagnostic and interventional services, but continues the care once the patient leaves the hospital. Cardiac Rehabilitation services are designed to help patients with heart disease recover faster and return to full and productive lives.
Cardiac Rehab includes exercise, education, counseling and learning ways to live a healthier life.
When Cardiac Rehab Can Help
You can benefit from Cardiac Rehab if you:
- Have heart disease, such as angina or heart failure, or have had a heart attack
- Have had coronary bypass surgery or an angioplasty (balloon catheter), stent or atherectomy procedure on your heart
- Have had heart valve surgery
Cardiac Rehab is a safe and effective way to help you feel better faster, get stronger, reduce stress and reduce the risk of future heart problems.
When you have heart disease, breaking old habits and learning new ones can be stressful. Wondering about your future health can be stressful, too. But, the support of family and friends, as well as healthcare providers, can make a big difference in how well you adjust to these changes.
Cardiac Rehab Team
Your cardiac rehab team at Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center includes caregivers from many specialties. This includes:
- Your physician (family doctor and/or heart specialist)
- Exercise Physiologists and specialists
- Physical Therapist
- Respiratory care therapists
- Diabetes Educator
Frequently Asked Questions
View our cardiac rehab frequently asked questions guide to learn more about how to keep your heart healthy!
If you have any questions, please call our Cardiac Rehab staff at 605-322-5375.