The New Avera Surgery Center
Providing an Exceptional Experience
Welcome to the Avera Surgery Center. While you are here for surgery or other procedures, a highly skilled team of physicians, registered nurses and other qualified medical professionals will care for you. We want your experience at Avera to be as comfortable as possible. We offer the finest in surgical care:
- State-of-the-art facility
- Operating rooms with the latest technology
- Comprehensive services in one location
- Patient Tracking Boards
Avera Surgery Center Virtual Tour
Take an online virtual tour of the Avera Surgery Center. You can view the same-day surgery area, including our state-of-the-art operating rooms. This interactive tour will guide you through the surgery center with video and helpful narration.
Take the Avera Surgery Center virtual tour.
The new state-of-the-art Avera Surgery Center is located on the fourth floor of the new Avera Cancer Institute building. Designed to offer one of the healthiest, patient-centered environments available anywhere, the surgical center provides five-star accommodations, focusing on a soothing environment for patients and their families.
Surgery Center Features
- Great views in the recovery area with lots of natural light
- Private Pre-op and Post-op rooms with monitors linked to a nurse-call system
- We have the very latest technology in our OR's with equipment mounted on booms so nothing is on the floor, creating the safest environment for patient procedures
Operating Room Details
- 8 Operating Rooms
- 650 square feet in each OR
- 28 Admit/Discharge rooms
- Racetrack flow for safety and efficiency
- 34,000 total square feet
- The center has been designed with many conveniences and patient satisfaction in mind.
- Before your day of surgery, most of the preoperative work (labs, x-rays, etc.) will be done ahead of time so you can have easy access to the pre-op area and a very short wait time before going to your room.
- When you arrive for your surgery, you won’t have to worry about parking. We offer valet parking 24/7.
- We also have a designated elevator for surgical patients only.
- We offer private consultation rooms with video streaming, which decreases the average length of stay.
Separate Pediatric Recovery Area
In the new surgery center, we separated young patients from the rest, providing a quieter area for recovery. For parents who have children undergoing a procedure, they can accompany their children to the OR as well as rejoin them in the recovery phase.
Patient Tracking Boards
One of the biggest amenities for families who are waiting for their loved one is real-time patient tracking. Tracking boards are displayed in the Bistro and waiting areas, and families are given a private, secure code so they can see exactly where their loved ones are. They can see if they are in the Operating Room, when the surgery started, ended and when the patient has returned to the recovery room. Families may wait in the main hospital, the Bistro, near the fireplace on the first floor or in meditation rooms.
One Stop-Shop Service
When you are getting ready to leave after your procedure, we know you are anxious to get home and settled. You won’t have to wait long to be discharged and you won’t have to stop at the drug store on your way home. Post-operative medications will be given to you at the time of discharge. This service will make your discharge more convenient and will help keep our staff free as well.
Pre-Register Online for Avera Surgery Center Appointments
Patients scheduled for same-day surgery at the Avera Surgery Center can pre-register online. Online pre-registration requires you to create an account that can be used to receive secure information from our schedulers. Users will receive email notifications prompting to log-in when new messages are available.
Begin the pre-registration process »