Avera Sports Institute and Kairos Volleyball Club Form New Partnership
SIOUX FALLS (July 17, 2014) – The Avera Sports Institute and Kairos Elite Volleyball Club announce a new partnership.
Kairos focuses on the skills of volleyball as well as growth of the individual to help players gain personal confidence through achievement. The program was started by Mitch Lunning in 2012. In addition to Lunning, Kairos employs two coaches.
Kairos derives its name from a Greek word meaning “the opportune moment.” Kairos offers different options for all levels of volleyball, from kindergarten through high school.
- Club teams at three levels play locally, regionally and nationally. In 2014, 18 teams involved 156 players. Seasonal tryouts are in November each year.
- Youth volleyball leagues for third through eighth grade are offered in the fall and winter. League players practice once a week and play in local games on Saturdays. There’s also a high school league in the summer to help players hone their skills before the next season begins.
- The Kairos Academy is a training program for girls and boys in grades K-12. There are fall, winter, spring and summer sessions that are four to eight weeks in length. The Academy offers skills training for all ages, all skill levels and all positions.
- Camps are offered in winter, spring and summer. This summer alone, 465 players are enrolled from across the state and as far away as Oklahoma. In addition to Kairos coaches, college coaches often lead camps.
- Kairos also offers private lessons for all ages.
Kairos training sessions and events are held at the Avera Sports Center and Avera Sports Institute. The new Avera Sports Center at 85th and Minnesota is a 17,000-square-foot gymnasium that accommodates two college regulation-size basketball courts and three regulation-size volleyball courts.
“Avera’s mission is to make a positive impact in the lives of people and communities, and we also share these ideals. Avera is committed to great sports training programs that encourage and mentor our youth. We’re proud to join this awesome tradition,” Lunning said.
“Our goal at Avera Sports Institute is to offer quality programs in a variety of different sports, such as football, basketball, soccer, volleyball and baseball,” said Jason Askew, Avera Sports Institute Director. “Kairos is an excellent volleyball program that benefits players of all ages and skill levels. We’re excited to welcome Kairos to the Avera Sports Institute family.”
To learn more about Kairos programs, go to www.kairoselitevolleyball.com
About Avera Sports Institute
Avera Sports Institute supports the athletes of today and tomorrow through sports and training programs for all ages and skill levels. The Avera Sports Institute and Avera Sports Center offer training and rehabilitation programs for athletes, featuring advanced training programs and exceptional indoor playing and practice facilities. The ASI, headquartered at 1601 W. 44th Place, is home to the Athletic Republic Sports Performance Training system: a unique speed, strength and conditioning approach incorporating non-traditional, revolutionary methods to make athletes faster and more explosive. The Avera Sports Center at 85th and Minnesota hosts volleyball and basketball training. ASI currently partners with Warwick Workouts, Sioux Empire Baseball Association, Todd Kolb Golf Academy, Kairos Elite Volleyball Club, Sioux Falls Adult Coed Soccer and the University of Sioux Falls. To learn more, go to AveraSports.org