Avera Queen of Peace offers personal orthopedic care, nearby home, every step of the way. Our specialists offer innovative services that result in a faster, smoother recovery. The orthopedic care resources at our full-service hospital allow you to get back to your flexible, agile self again – whether that’s on the baseball diamond or dance floor.
Medicine Personalized For You
We’re cracking your genetic code through personalized medicine in orthopedics.
Avera facilities offer a range of services to help you prevent and control joint pain and musculoskeletal issues. Should injury, inflammation, aging and other factors mean you require surgery, Avera Queen of Peace provides full-service orthopedic care – from referral, through consultation, surgery and rehabilitation.
Orthopedic services include
- Regularly scheduled joint seminars, where you can learn about the causes of joint pain and treatment options
- Acceleration sports enhancement training
- Arthroscopic surgery of shoulder, knee, ankle and wrist
- Joint replacement
- Trauma and fracture care
- Surgery of bones, joints, muscles and tendons
- Inpatient and outpatient physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Pain management clinic for non-surgical pain relief
An experienced, talented team
Our orthopedic team consists of specially trained orthopedic surgeons, anesthesiologists, certified nurse anesthetists, certified registered nurses, certified surgical technologists, and physical and occupational therapists, all dedicated to easing pain and restoring motion to spine, knees and hips, damaged by disease, injury or the aging process.
Dr. Brian Kampmann and Dr. Chris Krouse
Innovations for a faster, smoother recovery
We seek out and employ the latest technology to make diagnostics more accurate and surgery less invasive – all so you can receive the highest quality of care. At Avera Queen of Peace, you benefit from these unique advantages:
- The most sophisticated diagnostics and imaging capabilities in the region, including a $1.3 million Siemens Magnatom Avanto MRI and a 64-slice CT scanner
- Advanced surgical techniques, including X-STOP spinal surgery, to treat back pain
- Kyphoplasty for compression fractures
- Additional rehabilitation through the Wellness Center
- Swing-bed transitional unit