Ulcerative Colitis Study
Principal Investigator: Cristina Hill Jensen
Sub-Investigators: Julie Kittelsrud, CNP; Susan Weaver, CNP
Study Coordinator: Gail Syverson, RN
Study Description: A Phase III, Randomized, Multi-Centre, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of HMPL-004 in Patients with Mild to Moderate Active Ulcerative Colitis
Overview: The purpose of this study is to test how well and how safe the study drug is in treating individuals with active, mild to moderate Ulcerative Colitis. The study drug will be compared to subjects taking a placebo pill (a pill with no active ingredients).
Participants in this study will receive—at no cost—the investigational drug/placebo, as well as any medical treatment/procedures not considered standard of care. There will be no out-of-pocket costs for any special lab tests, the study doctors’ time, or study drugs required only for this research study.
- Men and women who are age 18 or older
- Have mild to moderate ulcerative colitis
- Have adequate kidney, liver, and bone marrow function
- Women who are breastfeeding, pregnant, or planning to become pregnant
- Have been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease
- Have an active C. diff infection
Contact: Gail Syverson, RN
Phone: (605) 322-3075