Avera Sacred Heart Adult Day Services
Adult Day Services Goals
- To allow each participant to remain in his or her own home, as long as possible
- To foster spiritual, mental, social and emotional growth
- To encourage physical stimulation and restoration
- To encourage exercise to maintain overall wellness
- To monitor the participant’s health while offering stimulating exercise and rehabilitation
- To support those who are caregivers for an adult
- To provide access to professional and supportive health care providers
- To recognize and affirm the worth and dignity of each person in a warm and caring atmosphere
- To restore and maintain each individual at his/her maximum level of functioning
Who is Adult Day Service Is Designed For?
Adult Day Service Is Designed For Persons Who:
- Do not require 24-hour nursing home care
- Are experiencing isolation or loneliness
- Are experiencing some confusion and/or suffering occasional memory loss
- Need their health and medications monitored
- Need assistance coping due to the aging process
- Have a need for supervision
- Need assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Have a desire to continue to grow mentally, socially and spiritually
- Have any other special needs
Services or Benefits to Participants and Caregivers
Services / Benefits to Participants and Caregivers Include:
- Health assessments by a licensed nurse
- Nursing and medication supervision
- Assistance with Personal Care and Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s)
- Individualized care plan
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Therapeutic Diets as ordered by physicians and monitored by registered dietitians
- Field trips and special events
- Wide variety of fun daily activities including: arts & crafts, music groups and guest speakers
- Transportation to and from home by Yankton City Transit bus or by individual arrangements
- Transportation and accompaniment to physician’s appointments
- Respite for caregivers
- Alzheimer’s Support Group
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy are accessible upon doctor’s referral
- Stroke Survivor’s Group
- Parkinson’s Group
Assistance can be arranged for personal care through our Homemaker’s Program.
- All fees are affordable
- A sliding scale is applied to those over 60 and not on Medicaid, according to the person’s ability to pay
- Adult Day Services is 70% less than nursing home or private in-home care
- Adult Day Services is covered by South Dakota Medicaid
Some financial assistance may be available on a case-by-case basis such as long-term care insurance or V.A.
Avera Sacred Heart Adult Day Services is located in the Assisted Living Apartment complex on the campus of Avera Sacred Heart Majestic Bluffs Senior Living Community located just west of Yankton at 2111 W. 11th St.
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Participants may come for any combination of hours or days. Special hours can be set by arrangement with the staff. We are closed on weekends and holidays. Drop-In Service for enrolled members.
No waiting list. To arrange a home visit or a tour of the Adult Day Service or for more information, call 605-668-8625.