Heart Care at Avera Sacred Heart
Check Your Heart
Vascular screening program from Avera Sacred Heart
$50 Heart Check
- Calcium Score CT - crucial to early detection of heart disease
- Blood pressure
- BMI (body mass index)
- Cholesterol and blood sugar check
- Education and risk assessment with an expert cardiovascular team
- Diet Quality Index
- Brief tobacco cessation and nutrition counseling - as needed
$50 Vascular Check
Three tests designed to detect the conditions of vascular disease. If detected early, treating vascular disease lowers your risk of stroke, heart disease and other complications
- Carotid artery screening
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening
- Peripheral artery disease screening
Or $75 for both. Call to schedule an appointment or get more information: (605) 668-8150
Exceptional care for a very special heart... Yours!
The Avera Sacred Heart cardiac team - doctors, nurses, technicians and other healthcare experts - put their heart into their work, bringing compassion and excellent care to every patient
When the rhythms of life are threatened by heart disease or chest pain, the experienced cardiac and pulmonary team at Avera Sacred Heart Hospital provide a wide variety of services and programs.
Don’t Ignore Chest Pain
When heart attacks occur, the heart sends out warning signs to the body. For every minute that you wait, your heart suffers more and more damage; damage that may be irreversible.
- Uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain in the chest lasting more than a few minutes.
- Pain may spread to shoulders, arms, neck or jaw.
- Light-headedness, fainting, sweating, nausea or shortness of breath may also occur. Intensity may range from mild to severe.
If you begin to experience these symptoms, don’t wait. Get help immediately. Go to the Avera Sacred Heart Emergency Department where an expert team stands ready with special rapid response procedures for treating heart attacks - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Cardiac rehab is a specific therapy for individuals with heart problems. The program includes gentle exercise and lifestyle change education. The heart is monitored along with blood pressure and oxygen level. Education is given on an individual basis with regards to nutrition, stress management, smoking cessation, and exercise.
Learn more about cardiac rehab >>
- Michael McVay, M.D., Cardiologist, Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C.
- Will Hurley, M.D., Cardiologist, Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C.
Comments From Friendly, Skilled Staff
"Our patients are our neighbors and our friends. And, if they weren't when they came to us, we hope they are when they leave. I am extremely proud of the compassion the caregivers show at Avera Sacred Heart." -Linda Dracy, RN, Cardiac Cath Lab
- Avera Wellness Profiles
- Community health education forums
- Health and disease management services
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Holter & event monitoring
- Exercise EKG
- Nuclear Scan (testing)
- Pharmacological Stress Test
- Persantine Abdominal & Peripheral
- Transesophageal (TEE)
- Excercise/Stress (echo)
- Vascular Ultrasound
If you have any questions about any of our programs, please give us a call at 605-668-8274 or 605-668-8037.