Avera Sacred Heart Renal Dialysis
This seven-station outpatient unit provides continued and/or emergency evaluation and care for patients with chronic end-stage renal disease.
Under the guidance of the medical director, the dialysis unit can provide the following care:
- Hemodialysis as determined by the physician;
- Communication and coordination for transplant services; and
- Continuing education for patients, family and other allied staff.
The department director is Lisa VanHeek. Dialysis treatments are done daily at Avera Sacred Heart Hospital. For more information, call 605-668-8628.
Dialysis Unit Receives New Technology: Fresenius 2008K
The Avera Sacred Heart Renal Dialysis Unit has received eight new Fresenius 2008K Dialysis Machines and have been using them since early this year.
The Fresenius 2008K features:
- On-Line Clearance (OLC), real-time clearance measurement which allows the nurses to reassess and reformulate the treatment plan to achieve prescribed therapy goals. It also provides them the ability to calculate access flow during the treatment.
- Blood Volume Monitor reducing the incidence of intradialytic hypotensive episodes.
- Blood Temperature Monitor which compensates for changes in body temperature by adjusting the temperature of the dialysate.
Kidney transplant services are available at the Avera McKennan Transplant Institute, the region's only facility offering bone marrow, kidney and pancreas transplant. They provide state-of-the-art services in an environment of care and compassion. Their expert team of transplant physicians and staff specialize in multiple disciplines and works together to provide the best comprehensive transplant care possible. Learn more >>