Avera Sacred Heart Surgical Center
"Our Choice Was Here"
Surgery - Generations of Trust
When Luke needed ear and adnoid surgery, Mom Katie Feimer wanted the best. She chose Avera Sacred Heart Hospital. She didn’t anticipate any problems, but she wanted to be at a place where they were able to handle any problem, no matter how remote the possibility. Avera Sacred Heart is Yankton’s only full-service hospital equipped to handle “what is,” and the possibility of “what if.”
Avera Sacred Heart Hospital: It’s the place generations of families trust for surgical services.
Call 668-8196 today, and look no further than Avera Sacred Heart Hospital.
Avera Sacred Heart Hospital surgical services redefine the health care experience, treating people as customers rather than patients. Renovations have resulted in streamlined service delivery, making it easier for people to navigate through the surgery process. Special attention has been paid to safety, privacy and comfort.
- Large Operating Suites - allow for full integration, meaning radiology images, medical records and consults are fully transmitted and retrieved within the suite to ensure surgeons and surgery staff have information and resources at their fingertips. Increased space also allows for use of the most up-to-date technology and equipment.
- State-of-the-Art Equipment - operating suites are equipped with state-of-the-art technologies to enhance quality, safety and efficiency. Fully integrated with high-definition video imaging and visualization, the suites also have world-class equipment booms and surgical lights, minimizing clutter while enhancing safety and energy efficiency.
- Private Pre- and Post-op Rooms
- Dedicated Pediatric Recovery Bay
- Centralized Nursing Station
- Family Welcome Center - complimentary internet access, TV and refreshments. A place where family and friends can enjoy a comfortable, calming environment while their loved one is in surgery.
Located on the first floor in the main hospital, the Avera Sacred Heart Surgical Center consists of six surgical suites and six post-anesthesia recovery beds in addition to nine private pre- and post-operative rooms. Procedures the medical staff and surgical team perform include:
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Neurological procedures including
The anesthesia staff consists of seven full-time and two part-time certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA's) under the direction of four board certified medical doctors of anesthesia. Surgery staff are available with on-call service 24-hours a day with a required 15-minute response time.
Avera Same Day Surgical Center
For more information contact:
All surgeons with privileges at Avera Sacred Heart Hospital can perform surgery at the hospital’s Surgery Department or at the Avera Same Day Surgery Center.
Coming to Avera Sacred Heart for surgery?
Items to bring from home include:
- Completed Avera Sacred Heart pre-procedure questionnaire given to you at your surgeon's office
- List of allergies, especially to medication
- Personal items such as toiletries, glasses, contacts, denture supplies
- Robe and slippers (Avera Sacred Heart also has both available)
- Walking shoes
- Medicare and/or insurance card
- Living will or durable power of attorney, if desired