Addiction & Recovery
If you’re concerned about addiction issues of your own or someone you love, get the treatment you need at one of 13 Avera behavioral health locations across the region. You’ll find practical solutions and customized treatment for addictions ranging from drug and alcohol abuse to compulsive gambling and other behaviors.
From the moment you call or step in the front door, you’ll be treated with respect, dignity and compassion by our highly trained providers. Count on our comprehensive assessment services, individualized treatment planning and supportive therapy to achieve the best results for your unique situation.
Addiction Recovery Program
Addictive behaviors can occur at any age. Take advantage of treatment for, adolescents, adults and seniors, who experience conditions such as:
- Alcohol dependency
- Chemical dependency
- Substance abuse
- Compulsive gambling
- Pain management
Treatment for All Stages of Recovery
Your needs change along the road to recovery. No matter where you are in your journey – we’re here for you with a wide variety of services including:
- Early intervention groups – Gain insight about substance abuse, addiction and recovery-related concepts.
- Detoxification – Take the first step in recovery by comfortably and safely withdrawing from alcohol or drugs under expert medical supervision.
- Relapse prevention – Learn how to cope with personal issues while safeguarding the gains made in primary treatment and early recovery.
- Pain management – Address medication, substance use and mental health-related concerns relative to your pain management situation.
- Aftercare – Continue recovery even after discharge with follow-up appointments.
Worthmore Addiction Services
Take part in Worthmore Addiction Services at Avera St. Luke’s Hospital in Aberdeen, a program based on the 12 steps of Alcoholics, Gamblers and Narcotics Anonymous. For more information about Worthmore, call us toll-free at 1-605-662-5800.
The Worthmore Family Program
During treatment, family members are encouraged to learn how to establish new communication skills and healthier relationships with their loved one by taking part in the Worthmore Family Program.
Expect to receive the thorough treatment you need and deserve. Our addiction services use criteria for admission, continued service and discharge developed by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM).