When your condition requires brain surgery, you want to be in the best hands possible. Trust the expert neurosurgeons and advanced technology available at Avera Medical Group Neurosurgery in Sioux Falls, SD. You’ll receive world-class brain surgery close to home.
Comprehensive Brain Surgery
The experienced teams at Avera Medical Group Neurosurgery in Sioux Falls and Aberdeen specialize in the treatment of both adult and pediatric nervous system disorders. Benefit from the care of board-certified neurosurgeons and registered nurses with extensive neurosurgical training and capabilities. Our innovative diagnosis and surgical technology treats a variety of conditions, including:
- Brain aneurysm
- Chronic pain, including trigeminal neuralgia (nerve pain)
- Degenerative and traumatic spine conditions
- Disorders of the brain, meninges, pituitary, spine and skull (and their blood supply including the extracranial carotid and vertebral arteries)
- Nervous system disorders
- Parkinson’s disease and essential tremors (deep brain stimulation)
- Tumors on the brain, spine and pituitary gland
Depending on the type of surgery, you may be able to take advantage of the latest in minimally invasive techniques or robotic-assisted procedures that require fewer and smaller incisions and promote faster recovery.
Brain Surgery Without the Incision
If you have a brain tumor, disorder or inoperable lesion – whether cancerous or non-cancerous – find hope in Avera Cancer Institute’s Gamma Knife radiosurgery. This innovative technology, considered the gold standard for non-invasive treatment of brain disorders, precisely targets them with a high dose of radiation and minimum risk to nearby tissue and structures.