If you or a loved one suffers a stroke, count on the quick response and expertise that you’ll find at the Avera locations, including the Avera McKennan Stroke Center in Sioux Falls, SD.
Timely Stroke Treatment
Benefit from Avera’s team and technology – dedicated to providing the best outcomes after a stroke. You’ll receive comprehensive care from prevention and diagnosis to treatment, rehabilitation and follow-up care. Take advantage of:
- 24-hour coverage by certified stroke nurses
- Access to clinical trials for treatment of ischemic stroke
- Dedicated brain and spine unit and case management
- Emergency department care transfer
- Immediate, advanced intervention and management of acute stroke
- Outpatient stroke clinic for follow-up care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation program
- Patient outcome tracking system
- State-of-the-art neurodiagnostic techniques
Watch Jason Semmler’s story to learn how he received excellent stroke care from Avera St. Benedict Hospital in Parkston, SD and Avera eEmergency.
Nationally Recognized Stroke Care
As an Advanced Primary Stroke Center as certified by the Joint Commission, the Stroke Center at Avera McKennan is nationally recognized for excellence. You can rely on our certification because it shows that Avera has the critical elements needed to achieve long-term success in improving patient outcomes.