Rely on the eye care specialists at Avera to help you protect your vision and see the world as clearly as possible.
Complete Eye Care
At Avera, you’ll find a network of optometrists and ophthalmologists with the experience and expertise to deliver comprehensive eye care services for adults and children—from routine vision screenings to advanced eye surgery.
With an Avera eye care provider, you’re sure to receive a detailed evaluation and an accurate diagnosis for all ocular conditions, including:
Eye Disease Services & Treatments
Trust Avera for services and treatments that address vision care needs for you and your family. Ask about:
- Contact lenses ranging from occasional use to medical custom fittings
- Eye exams and vision tests
- Eyewear including frames, lenses and service
- Laser vision correction – Available at Avera Marshall
- Specialized pediatric eye care services
Your provider will explain your treatment options and you’ll work together to create a care plan that fits your needs. If eye surgery is the best approach for your condition, depend on your physician to select the appropriate procedure for you and provide support and education to help you feel comfortable and safe.
Advanced Technology for Exceptional Results
Choose Avera for advanced ophthalmic digital imaging and precision surgical technology that improves results and optimizes your outcome. No matter where you live in the region, you can take advantage of the accurate eye disease evaluation that’s enhanced by advanced technologies.
Advanced imaging services at Avera Medical Group Ophthalmology in Sioux Falls, SD, include:
- Anterior segment optical coherence tomography (AS-OCT)
- Spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT)
- Fluorescein angiography
- Autofluorescence imaging
- External photography
- High-resolution, stereoscopic fundus photography
- Retinal and optic nerve fiber layer analysis
- Corneal topography
- Visual field
Advanced Procedure Clears Cataracts
See how Avera’s expertise and advanced technology helps people see the world more clearly after cataract surgery in this Avera Medical Minute.
Turn to Avera to receive care for your retina—the nerve tissue that senses light and allows you to have sharp, central vision. Your assessment will include:
- Comprehensive eye exam – Evaluates overall eye health, including vision and ocular pressure
- Dilated fundus exam – Uses special lenses to view the back of your eye (fundus), including the retina and optic nerve
- Diagnostic retinal imaging – Produces very precise images of your retinal tissue
Find out more about how your Avera ophthalmologist diagnoses and treats:
When Do I Need an Eye Exam?
Protect your health with regular comprehensive eye exams. Screenings do more than detect the need for glasses. They also can identify eye disease and other health problems, like high blood pressure, early—when they’re easier to treat.
Children should have a first eye exam before age 3. Both children and young adults should have an exam every year or two, or as recommended by your optometrist or ophthalmologist.
All adults should get a baseline eye exam at age 40, especially if they haven’t had an earlier evaluation. Your eye care provider will tell you how often to get regular exams after that, based on your eye disease risk factors or symptoms.