When your joints or spine need surgical care, turn to Avera’s board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons at convenient locations across the Upper Midwest. You’ll find expert treatment that can help you return to the work, sports and recreational activities you love.
Recognized for High-Quality Care
Rest assured you’ll receive excellent surgical services at Avera. In 2016, CareChex ranked Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center and Avera Sacred Heart Hospital as the top three facilities in South Dakota for medical excellence in orthopedic care—including minor orthopedic surgery. That means you’re even less likely to experience a complication after surgery and more likely to stay safe than at many other facilities.
Extensive Musculoskeletal Surgeries
Rely on Avera for repair of fractures, tendons, nerves and ligaments throughout your body, as well as for specialized procedures:
- Spine surgery, including lumbar fusion, disk replacement and laminectomy
- Shoulder surgery, such as rotator cuff repair and shoulder replacement
- Hand surgery, including carpal tunnel release and Dupuytren’s contracture repair
- Hip surgery, such as hip replacement
- Knee surgery, including knee replacement, meniscus repair, ACL reconstruction and other types of ligament repair
- Foot and ankle surgery, such as Achilles tendon repair, bunion surgery and plantar fasciotomy
Minimally Invasive Approach
When possible, an Avera surgeon will perform your procedure using a minimally invasive arthroscopic technique that requires only small incisions, reduces postoperative pain and speeds recovery.
Excellent Facilities & Staff
Your procedure will take place in one of Avera’s regional hospitals or specialized surgical facilities where you’ll benefit from advanced equipment, dedicated nurses, and skilled anesthesiologists and technicians. A friendly care team treats you with respect and helps your surgical experience go as smoothly as possible—from preparation to pain management to recovery and rehabilitation. Improve your outcome by closely following instructions from your team members.