Take charge of your well-being by turning to Avera for the full spectrum of weight management services. You’ll get medical care and professional guidance that help you reduce your risk of chronic diseases, enhance your energy level, feel more confident and regain your life by losing weight.
Comprehensive Weight Management
Lose weight safely with supervision and support from Avera’s expert physicians and staff. In our holistic, comprehensive approach to weight management, you’ll better appreciate the underlying issues affecting your weight and learn about the weight management path that serves you best.
Plans Designed Just for You
Work with our encouraging care team to develop a personalized eating and exercise program that may include weight-loss medications. Ideal Living, Avera’s science-based weight-loss program, offers Ideal Protein products and weekly coaching that helps you learn to make wise food choices, stick with your plan and change your life for the better.
When you’re considering weight-loss surgery, you want to learn as much as possible in order to make an informed decision. Start by either attending a seminar or watching Avera’s online bariatric webinar and read our free bariatric surgery success guide.
If weight-loss surgery is your best option, choose one of Avera’s advanced, minimally invasive procedures that provide the tool you need to aid weight loss. Your doctor may recommend a treatment such as:
Accredited Bariatric Surgery Center
No matter where you live in Avera’s five-state Upper Midwest region, you enjoy access to top-quality weight-loss surgery services that can help you reach your goals.
You’ll find expert bariatric surgeons and extensive support services centralized at Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center, which holds accreditation from the American College of Surgeons as a Level 1B Bariatric Center, Adult and Pediatric. Our hospital is also accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center for Adults and Adolescents. These designations mean you benefit from:
- Thorough weight-loss surgery education and follow-up care
- Strict measures to keep you safe
- Highly trained, qualified staff
- State-of-the-art facilities and equipment
Non-Surgical Weight Loss
If you need to lose 30 to 50 pounds, view a free, online seminar to learn about a sophisticated, non-surgical weight-loss option—ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon. While you’re under sedation, a doctor places a balloon through your mouth and into your stomach to take up space and make you feel full after eating less food.
Improve your odds of weight-loss success by getting support from a variety of Avera’s health care experts as you make important lifestyle changes. Take advantage of services such as:
- Bariatric support groups – Provides advice and encouragement in a group setting
- Behavioral health care – Gives you tools for staying motivated and overcoming obstacles as you work toward your weight-loss goals
- Nutrition services – Helps you develop healthy eating habits
- Physical therapy – Develops a customized exercise program that eases stress on your joints and muscles, making it easier for you to stay physically active
- Wellness and preventive care – Includes wellness centers staffed by medical professionals who help you stay safe and get the most benefit from your workout