Patients & Visitors
We’d like to welcome you to Avera St. Anthony's and help make your visit a comfortable one. This section provides an overview of helpful information if you are becoming a patient at the hospital or visiting someone at Avera St. Anthony's.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call 402-336-2611.
At Avera St. Anthony’s Hospital we provide health care services to all persons in need, without regard to the consideration of age, race, color, sex, creed, national origin or ability to pay.
CaringBridge® helps you keep in touch
Avera is now a partner with CaringBridge®, a nonprofit organization offering free, personalized websites that allows people to stay in touch with family and friends during a health crisis, treatment and recovery. www.caringbridge.com/avera
We take the issue of privacy seriously at Avera St. Anthony's Hospital.
Avera St. Anthony's Hospital does not sell, distribute, barter or transfer personal or identifiable information obtained from a user or a third party.
Any information collected on the web site will only be used for the purpose intended. Avera St. Anthony's Hospital will not send you unsolicited mail, or share your information with other companies without your consent and written permission.
Notice of Privacy Practices (pdf)
Managing Your Healthcare Expenses
Managing Your Healthcare Expenses
Avera will treat you with dignity and respect, regardless of your ability to pay. No one should put off needed medical care because of a lack of health insurance or concern about paying.
If you cannot pay your part of the bill in full, our staff will work with you to develop a payment plan for your particular situation. If you do not have insurance or money to pay your bill, there are options for you. You may qualify for one of the government programs that may assist in paying for your services. Avera will help you by understanding your situation. We will assist you by putting you in contact with public assistance programs.
What To Expect
What To Expect
- An Avera pre-admission team member determines an estimate of your out-of-pocket costs based on the service requested and your health plan, either on admission or prior to your hospital visit.
- The pre-admissions team will contact you to discuss your benefits and your estimated out-of-pocket expense due before or on the day of your scheduled service. For your convenience, payment options will be discussed at that time.
- Pre-admitting or registration staff will accept your out-of-pocket expense payment prior to or on the day of service. If needed, a patient advocate will work with you to set up a payment arrangement that may include a deposit, application for government-sponsored assistance or our Charity Care/Patient Assistance Program.
Unscheduled or Elective Services
- For unscheduled (such as walk-in Laboratory work) or elective services that are not urgent in nature, pre-admitting or registration staff will verify your insurance coverage and benefits and determine your estimated out-of-pocket expense and will accept your payment for estimated out-of-pocket expense before service.
- For urgent treatment, after you have received a full medical exam and stabilizing treatment, we will verify your health plan benefits and accept your estimated out-of-pocket expense.
- If needed, a patient advocate will work with you to set up a payment arrangement that may include a deposit, application for government-sponsored assistance or our Charity Care/Patient Assistance Program.
Financial Assistance and Charity Care
If you do not qualify for these programs, we still may be able to help you with your bill. Avera’s Charity Care and Patient Assistance Programs help qualifying uninsured or underinsured persons accepted for care. There may be no obligation or a discounted obligation to pay for services based on income and family size. These programs are available once all other third-party resources (including local assistance programs) are exhausted.
To help determine if you qualify for our Charity Care and Patient Assistance Programs, Avera:
- Uses income guidelines issued by the United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Considers all of your financial assets and liabilities
- Needs your pertinent personal and financial information
- We believe providing health care for those who require it is an obligation of justice, as well as charity and mercy.
- We believe all persons have a right to medically necessary health care and equal access to diagnostic and therapeutic treatment regardless of ability to pay.
- We believe providing and ensuring equal access to medically necessary health care is a societal obligation and should be shared by all health care institutions and society in general.
- We believe our health care facilities, because of our deep concern for human dignity, have an obligation to respond as fully as possible to the health care needs of all people regardless of ability to pay.
- We believe we have a dual responsibility to maintain a leading role in providing medically necessary, cost-effective health care for all people and to take an advocacy role by working toward adequate reimbursement of health care services for those who do not have the ability to pay.
Have a Question?
Avera St. Anthony’s Hospital
- Financial Services: 402-336-5151
- Insurance/Billing Questions
(According to first letter of last name)
- A-F: 402-336-5147 ext 5204
- G-R: 402-336-5147 ext 5205
- S-Z: 402-336-5147 ext 5204
- Medicare A-Z: 402-336-5147 ext 5203
Avera Medical Group O’Neill
- Financial Services: 402-336-2950
- Billing: 402-336-5147 ext 7974