Safe Kids is a nationwide network of organizations working to prevent unintentional childhood injury, the leading cause of death and disability for children ages 1 to 14.
Safe Kids North Central is a partnership of the local hospital, health care, law enforcement, fire, emergency medical services and other public organizations, businesses, parent groups, and volunteers from throughout the three county region of Boyd, Holt and Rock counties.
What is Safe Kids?
Safe Kids uses a combined effort to reduce injuries by creating programs that:
- Teach families about child injury risks and prevention
- Encourage and conduct research on leading injury risks
- Evaluate solutions for injury risks
- Work to pass and improve child safety laws and regulations
- Provide lifesaving devices such as child safety seats, helmets and smoke alarms to families who need them
- Promote corporate leadership in child safety through effective and sustainable partnerships
Our local chapter raises awareness about accidental injuries and how parents, caregivers, and the community can help prevent them.
What We Do
We provide families and schools with programs and activities such as:
- Child safety seat and booster inspection stations
- Bike and wheeled sports helmets education
- Distribution of educational materials
- “Walk to School Day” pedestrian safety program.
Like Safe Kids North Central on Facebook!
Visit the Safe Kids Nebraska Calendar for a listing of events statewide.
(O'Neill events are listed in GREEN)
Even more info available at www.SafeKidsNebraska.org