Faith in Action O'Neill Community Volunteer Program
Faith in Action O'Neill Community Volunteer program was started through a grant received by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, in January 2005. It is a program of different religious faiths coming together for the common goal—to provide in home volunteer services that can enhance the lives of the elderly and disabled citizens and to assist them to live independently.
Do you want to make a difference in someone's life?
As a volunteer, this program can enrich your life with moments of service, foster special relationships and develop unique friendships with people in need, and provide the opportunity to complete volunteer hours for college or school acknowledgement.
You can help your neighbor in O’Neill
- Sign up as a volunteer caregiver.
- Make a financial contribution to support the Faith in Action O'Neill Community Volunteer Program.
- Lend your expertise to the Faith in Action O'Neill Community Volunteer Program Advisory Board.
Training is provided to each volunteer. A training manual and ongoing support is also provided to each volunteer.
A neighbor's independence depends on you. Come join us today!
Can we help you?
Are you or someone you know elderly or disabled? We can provide:
- Compassionate care through friendly visits to neighbors who are frail and lonely
- Offer transportation enabling homebound neighbors to meet their medical appointments, to go shopping, or just to go for a drive
- Help with chore services such as grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions, light housekeeping, and meal preparation
- Visits from a volunteer who could read to you, help you write letters or write out bills
- Provide reassuring phone calls
- Provide temporary relief/respite for caregivers to allow them time to care for themselves
Phone: (402) 336-5285
Are You Ready to Be a Volunteer?
If you would like to be a volunteer, or know of someone who could benefit from the services of this program, please contact Lenone Koenig, Faith in Action, Volunteer Coordinator at 402-336-5285.