Classes and Events
A variety of community education programs are held each year. The Avera St. Benedict programs that are offered throughout the year have included family issues, women's and men's health issues, heart screening for adults, farm safety for children, diabetic education, nutritional education, arthritis, protect your back, Basic First Aid Training for children, baby sitters clinic annually, CPR classes.
Wellness Center Classes
- Aqua Tots: Water class for infants and small children. This class requires a parent to get in the water with the child. Different techniques are taught for getting the child into the water and making sure that they feel safe and secure. This is a great way to bond with your child and also give them a head start on their water skills.
- Adult Swim Lessons: Available upon request
- Red Cross Swim Lessons (Level I, II, III): Offered at different times throughout the year dependant on interest. Call for more information.
- Private Swim Lessons: Available upon request.
- Arthritis Aquatics : M, W, F - 9:00 a.m.
- Aquacise : M, T, W, TH - 4:30 p.m.
- Advanced Water Aerobics: M, W -5:30 p.m. -6:30 p.m.
Siouxland Community Blood Bank will host five blood drives at the Avera St. Benedict Wellness Education Center in Parkston. All Blood Drives will be open from Noon-5:30 pm on Thursday afternoons.
- February 21, 2013
- April 25, 2013
- June 27, 2013
- August 22, 2013
- October 24, 2013
- December 26, 2013
Hutchinson County 5K Cancer Run-Walk
June 1, 2013 to register please call Julie Semmler at 928-4415 or email at email@example.com.
Roses Just Because
Rose sells will begin on February 15. For only $25 per dozen, you can purchase long-stemmed roses...Just Because. All Orders must be received and prepaid by Monday, March 18, 2013. Roses are available for pickup on Monday, April 15, 3 pm - 7 pm and on Tuesday, April 16, 7 am -2 pm. Please call 928-4415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. thank you