Classes and Events
A variety of community education programs are held each year. The Avera St. Benedict programs that are offered throughout the year have included family issues, women's and men's health issues, heart screening for adults, farm safety for children, diabetic education, nutritional education, arthritis, protect your back, Basic First Aid Training for children, baby sitters clinic annually, CPR classes.
Wellness Center Classes
- Aqua Tots: Water class for infants and small children. This class requires a parent to get in the water with the child. Different techniques are taught for getting the child into the water and making sure they feel safe and secure. This is a great way to bond with your child and also give them a head start on their water skills.
- Adult Swim Lessons: Available upon request
- Red Cross Swim Lessons (Level I, II, III): Offered at different times throughout the year dependent on interest. Call Avera St. Benedict Wellness Center for more information, 928.4410 or email Ember.Dale@Avera.org
- Private Swim Lessons: Available upon request.
- Arthritis Aquatics: M, W, F - 9:00 a.m.
- Aquacise: Tuesday and Thursday - 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Life Serve Blood Center will host five blood drives at the Avera St. Benedict Wellness Education Center in Parkston. All Blood Drives will be open from Noon-5:30 pm on the fourth Thursdays in the following months. Please check your local paper or call 605.928.4415 for exact dates.
Hutchinson County 5K Cancer Run-Walk
First Saturday in June, to register please call Julie Semmler at 928-4415 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roses Just Because
Rose sells begin on February 15. For only $25 per dozen, you can purchase long-stemmed roses...Just Because. Please look at local paper in February for exact rose pickup dates and times. Please call 928-4415 or email email@example.com if interested in purchasing roses or dates and times.