The main focus of respiratory therapy is helping to diagnose and treat respiratory diseases and complications. This is done through administering nebulized medicines, providing chest physical therapy, continuous ventiliation and oxygen therapy.
Respiratory diseases or ailments are one of the most common causes for admission to the hospital. The respiratory therapy department plays a significant role in aiding and treating a number of patients on a daily basis ranging in age from newborn to the elderly. All therapists are trained and certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Neonatal Life Support and participate on the code blue and trauma teams.
- Registered Respiratory Therapists on staff
- Inpatient and outpatient therapeutic and diagnostic services
- Infant apnea monitoring
- Supervised pulmonary rehabilitation programs
- Evaluation of Medicare approved home oxygen use
- Pulmonary function testing
- Oxygen therapy and testing for Medicare approved home oxygen use
- Equipment for Home Oxygen Therapy and Nebulizers available with qualifying testing
- Appointments available on-site through our outreach satellite program with Dr. Hansen, Pulmonary Specialist from Yankton Medical Clinic.
- Sleep studies performed in-house and reviewed by Board-certified pulmonary specilist, Dr. Hansen