Internal Medicine Practice Opportunity
Busy well-established outpatient internal medicine practice is seeking BC/BE internal medicine physician. This is an employed position with Avera St. Luke's, a 139 bed not-for-profit hospital with over 75 local practicing physicians. The hospital has grown into a regional medical center that provides comprehensive medical services to over 120,000 residents in Aberdeen and the surrounding 10 county region.
- Excellent base salary
- Productivity bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Outstanding call schedule
- Loan assistance available
- Sponsor J1 and H1-B waivers
- South Dakota has no state income tax
About Avera St. Luke's
Avera St. Luke's Hospital is the pioneer facility of Avera Health. Established in 1901 in Aberdeen, South Dakota as a 15-bed hospital, it has now grown to a regional medical center that offers a comprehensive array of medical and health services to people living in the surrounding 10 counties around Aberdeen. In addition to the 139-bed hospital, we provide long-term care services through Avera Mother Joseph Manor Retirement Community and Eureka Health Care Center/Avera, as well as primary and specialty clinics through our clinic division.
The medical center employs over 1400 employees in its hospital, long-term care, and clinic divisions. A Medical/Dental Staff of 75 local physicians represent many different specialties including Internal Medicine, Family Practice, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Interventional Cardiology, Nephrology/Critical Care, PM & R, Oncology, Urology, Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Pain Management, Plastic Surgery, ENT, Psychiatry, Orthopedic Surgery, General Surgery, 24/7 ED physicians and more. Over 250 volunteers serve an integral part of the success of the medical center.
In addition to offering total patient care, Avera St. Luke's has developed special services not available elsewhere in the region.
- 24-hour physician-staffed Emergency Department
- CAREFLIGHT helicopter services
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Center supported by a full complement of speech, physical, occupational and recreational therapists
- Business Health Department for area business and industry, with return-to-work program
- Athletic Acceleration Program
- Kidney Dialysis
- Cancer Care Center featuring modern radiation therapy technology (linear accelerator)
- New ICU with telemedicine (eICU)
- Level II Nursery with perinatal nurse clinicians
- Mental Health Services (Inpatient, Outpatient, and Home Health)
Our Commitment to Health Care
Avera St. Luke's is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the residents of northeastern South Dakota and southeastern North Dakota. Working along with various community agencies, hospital staff continues to assess the needs of our communities and strives to find solutions for a healthier population.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact:
Vice President Business Development