Join a great group of physicians in an established radiology practice with four full-time radiologists (one interventional/neurorad) and one part-time. Highlights include a competetive salary including medical and malpractice coverage, reasonable call schedule (1 weekend in 4), VRC coverage after 9 PM on weekdays, 8 PM weekends and holidays, and a filmless environment with advanced technology at your fingertips. No State Income Tax!
Some of the technology available includes:
- 64 slice and 16 slice CT scanners
- 3 Tesla MRI
- SPECT CT nuclear
- Fully digital department GE PACS
- 3 Acuson Sequoia Ultrasound units
- Digital Fluoroscopy
- Off-site outpatient imaging center (mammography, DEXA, breast ultrasound)
- Stereotactic breast biopsy unit
- General radiology required, including light interventional (thoracentesis, paracentesis, myelography, arthrography, CT and US-guided biopsy and localization procedures, stereotactic breast biopsy). Angiography and more advanced procedures handled by interventionalist.
- Experience or fellowship training in musculoskeletal MRI preferred
- North and South Dakota license required
- Average 15,000 exams/year; approx. 75/day
Avera St. Luke's Hospital has over 85 physicians on staff representing specialties including: Neurosurgery, Interventional Cardiology, Nephrology, Urology, Neurology, Orthopedics, ENT and Surgery. It is a 139-bed regional medical center with 24-hour emergency room physician coverage, complete with CAREFLIGHT helicopter service. The hospital boasts of a brand-new Surgery Center, ICU, OB unit, and outpatient imaging center.
Life is good in Aberdeen!
Aberdeen, SD a city of Midwestern hospitality mixed with metropolitan progressiveness, is listed as a "Top 100 Community" in which to live and the "SD Governor's 2008 Community of the Year." Aberdeen provides an exceptional quality of life, a host of activities and family attractions, superb K-12 school systems - including a new public high school and new primary and elementary private school buildings - and both a public university and private college. Aberdeen has a large regional airport with daily flights to Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. South Dakota also has no state income tax.
If you are looking for a busy practice in a family-centered community, we think you'll like Aberdeen as much as we do! The medical service area of Aberdeen extends across all of northeastern South Dakota and into a large section of southeastern North Dakota... serving over 110,000 people.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact:
Michael O'Keefe Vice President Business Development
Phone: Office: 605-622-5758 or Cell: 605-380-1943