Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary Scholarship Information
Scholarships are given annually by Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary in the amount of $500 each. They are awarded to seniors in high school planning to enter an area of study in the health care field.
Applications are due April 1. If you need an application form, contact Laura Sangster, Auxiliary liaison, at 605-622-5140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The recipient must be in the upper 50% of the class.
- The recipient must attend high school within a 50-mile radius of Aberdeen, SD.
- The recipient must attend a college/university/school in South Dakota.
- The area of study they plan to pursue should be in a health-related field.
- The recipient will be selected by the Scholarship Committee of Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary.
The check for the scholarship will be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office at the college/university/school they will be attending to be applied toward tuition fees. A certificate will be sent to the high school counselor for presentation at an awards ceremony.
2012 Scholarship Winners
Samantha Groom, Britton-Hecla High School, will attend Lake Area Technical Institute in Watertown and pursue a degree in nursing; parents, Alan and Tammy Groom.
Marah Jo Smith, Groton Area High School, will attend the University of South Dakota in Vermillion and pursue a pre-med degree in biology; parents, Dr. Steven and Carol Smith.
Alyxis Rose Perry, Frederick Area High School, will attend USD and pursue a pre-med degree in biology/urology; parent Candis Lee Perry.
Kinzey Harrison, Mobridge-Pollock High School, will attend Black Hills State University and pursue a degree in nursing; parent, David Harrison
Tyler Hagen, Webster Area High School, will attend USD and pursue a degree in clinical laboratory science; parents, Ron and Nancy Block.