Kidney Dialysis Offers Highest Quality Care
Nurses, dialysis technicians and other health care professionals in Avera St. Luke’s Kidney Dialysis Unit work together to provide a team approach to meet the individual needs of end stage renal disease patients. We provide a nine-station, chronic outpatient hemodialysis treatment center for adolescents and adults, as well as acute inpatient hemodialysis.
We are proud of our advanced, state-of-the-art technology, allowing us to provide the highest quality care to our patients:
- 11 Gambro Phoenix Dialysis machines, all with the latest software updates
- Portable RO machine to go to the patient's bedside if needed
Our unit is under the direction of Dr. Shahid Chaudhary, who is board certified in nephrology.
Perfect Score for Quality
Our Kidney Dialysis Unit earned a perfect score in meeting quality standards set by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) through its Quality Incentive Program.
- End Stage Renal Failure chronic outpatient setting for established patients in the Aberdeen and surrounding area
- End Stage Renal Failure chronic outpatient setting for visiting/traveling patients in the Aberdeen area.
- Acute inpatient hemodialysis
- Acute bedside hemodialysis in our Intensive Care Unit
The Kidney Dialysis Unit is located on the east side of Avera St. Luke’s Hospital and can be contacted directly by calling 605-622-5550, Monday through Saturday.