Great Service at Our New Therapy Center
Avera St. Luke's Massage Therapy is available in Aberdeen at Avera St. Luke's Therapy Center, 805 First St. SE.
For massage appointments, call 605-622-5556, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Purchase gift certificates online or call 605-622-5556.
Effects of Stress
The effects of stress are cumulative:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Poor concentration
Massage can rejuvenate the body and mind. It increases the oxygen-rich blood to the brain and muscles and calms the nervous system.
What to Expect From a Massage
Massage is the systematic mobilization of soft tissues of the body. When you arrive for your first massage appointment, you will be asked to complete a brief medical history. If you have any specific areas of pain or soreness, or concerns about any medical conditions, you should mention it.
A Swedish massage uses a massage table, oils and creams, plus relaxing music, with the client draped at all times with a blanket or sheet. Only the area being worked on is exposed.
Massage therapy is client-directed; you determine the degree of pressure, the areas to be worked on and the length of sessions. Avera St. Luke's highly qualified licensed massage therapists enjoy making you feel better.
Benefits of Massage
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Helps reduce blood pressure and lower heart rate
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and eye strain
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- In cooperation with your medical professional, massage will speed the recovery process after an accident or injury by increasing circulation and flexibility, and by reducing pain and swelling.
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
- Fosters a feeling of well-being and peace of mind
Types of Massage Offered
- Swedish Massage - The basis for most types of massage therapy. It is soft tissue mobilization using long, broad strokes, effleurage, petrissage, tapotement, and vibration to induce deep relaxation. It improves circulation, releases tension, restores energy and flushes out lactic acid resulting from strenuous exercise or injury.
- Heated Lava Stone Massage - The penetrating heat of smooth lava stones is incorporated into massage strokes. Still-warm stones are left on pressure points and on areas of sore and tight muscles.
- Belavi Facelift Massage - Luxurious facial massage to lift, firm and tone the muscles of the face and neck, and to loosen and relax the muscles of the upper back. It helps to regenerate collagen and elastin tissue, reduces the appearance of facial lines and complexion problems.
- Spa Package - Three-hour "get-away-from-it-all" spa retreat that includes your choice of either a 90-minute lava stone massage or a wonderful Belavi facelift massage. This is followed by an aromatherapy massage and warm wax paraffin dip for hands and feet. Pampering extras include chocolates, juice, a magazine and a gift to take home.
- Pregnancy Massage - Typical session can address challenges of edema, postural changes, headaches and pain in the neck, shoulders, lower back, pelvis and hips. Speak with our licensed massage therapists about specific questions.
Our massage therapists are available to bring relaxation to you at work, for employee appreciation, promotional venues, weekly or monthly stress relief.
- Promotes resiliency
- Addresses pain and stress management
- Increases energy and alertness
- Increases productivity
- Cost effective when compared to lost work time due to stress-releated sick days or incidents
Options for your worksite:
- 8-minute or 15-minute massage sessions as an employee appreciation event.
- Gift certificates for massage at our locations
- Evening and Saturday hours available
For more information about on-site massage, contact our Massage Therapy coordinator at 605-622-5770.