Palliative care is a special kind of health care for people who are living with a serious or complex illness. The goal is to provide the best quality of life for patients with an advanced disease or terminal illness by ensuring their comfort and dignity. Services may address:
- Managing lifestyle goals around new physical limits
- Finding meaning in illness
- Managing pain with other symptoms
- Dealing with new family issues
- Finding support for a caregiver
- Reevaluating changing goals of care
Palliative care uses a team approach to meet not only physical needs, but psychological, social, cultural, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and his or her family.
For more information, call 605-622-5200.