Welcome to Avera St. Luke's BirthPlace
We are pleased to offer a wide range of maternity services to the families of our region in a beautiful new atmosphere on the fourth floor of our southeast addition.
The BirthPlace, a state-of-the-art obstetrics unit that opened in 2006, contains 12 private rooms that surround a central nursery in a family-friendly, spa-like environment. Our philosophy of care is based on a family-centered approach to childbirth.
The primary goal of the BirthPlace is to provide an optimal and supportive environment so the family may experience a safe, personal and satisfying childbirth. Childbirth is believed to be a natural life experience and an important social event essential to family growth and development and basic to our way of life.
Having a baby is the beginning of a family, and we can help play an important role in the transition to parenting. We offer comfortable Single Room Maternity Care with rooms designed for a continuity of care, with privacy and quiet for Mom, baby and family. Should your baby require special care, the Level II Nursery is equipped with the latest technology. We also offer post-partum care and breastfeeding support.
More About the BirthPlace
Learn more about the BirthPlace including what to bring, and more about your stay.
- Single room maternity care in spacious rooms, specially designed for privacy and quiet
- Sanijet whirlpool tubs in every room
- Triage area for antepartum testing and outpatients
- Comprehensive, integrated electronic security for newborns, patient, family and provider safety
- Sleeper sofas for fathers choosing to stay overnight with their new family
- Entertainment centers with TV, VCR/DVD/CD players
- Large waiting areas with family kitchen and sibling play space
- Central nursery with a celestial theme and a rainbow-shaped window, where our Small Miracles can hang out when Mom wants a rest or if baby requires special care
- Dedicated elevator directly to the Operating Rooms for cesarean births
Creating Personal Birth Plan
You will be asked to create your personal birth plan based on your special needs and desires. We feel every expectant mother is special with unique needs, so we provide care specifically tailored to you and your baby during this wonderful time in your lives!