Adult Day Services and Community Programs
Adult Day Services
We offer adult day services, a home away from home for the day, located at Avera Mother Joseph Manor Retirement Community. This program is designed for elderly persons who do not require 24-hour inpatient care. It enables individuals in the community to maintain an optimal level of independence in their own environment for as long as possible. Hours are 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We can provide:
- Noon meal
- Nursing Assessment
- Nutrition Break
- Spiritual/Social Programs
- Health Monitoring
Community and Outreach Programs
- Clinical site for students
- Educational programs
- Avera St. Luke’s and Avera Mother Joseph Manor hold six free blood pressure screenings each month. Anyone needing transportation should call RIDE-LINE at 605-626-3333 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at least one day prior to the screening. The times and locations are as follows:
- First Thursday: The Homestead – 9 to 10 a.m.
- First Tuesday: Fifth Avenue Apartments – 1 to 2 p.m.; Sherman Apartments – 2 to 3 p.m.
- Second Wednesday: Bicentennial Apartments – 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Third Tuesday: Aberdeen Senior Center – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- Fourth Wednesday: Avera Mother Joseph Manor – 1 to 2 p.m.
Avera Mother Joseph Manor Retirement Community is located at 1002 N Jay Street, Aberdeen, SD 57401.
Call us at 605-622-5850 or 605-622-5836 for more information, or e-mail Maryjo Schaible or Administrator Tom Snyder.