Make a World of Difference Today!
Thank you for choosing Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center for your care! My name is Sister Mary Thomas, Senior Vice President of Mission Services.
I witness first-hand our mission in action and the life-saving services we provide to your community every day.
Your contributions further our mission and play a vital role in making Avera McKennan a valuable community hospital.
But there continues to be a need for financial support to ensure these services are available.
Your gift of $100, $500, $1,000 or however much you can spare makes a world of difference to those who work to serve you.
Many friends of Avera McKennan are passionate about specific areas of support. 100% of your dollars can be directed to various programs.
Make a gift today!
Areas of Support
- Dignity and peace-of-mind at the Dougherty Hospice House
- Privacy and independence at Avera Prince of Peace
- Care for our tiniest patients at Avera NICU
- Life-saving genetic testing for cancer patients
- A safe and peaceful night of rest at the Walsh Family Village
- Vital services for all at the Avera Health Care Clinic
In addition to a variety of reasons to give, there are many different ways to give. While many people make charitable gifts in the form of cash or checks, more and more people are making donations through the following methods because they find them practical and affordable.
What You Can Give:
Ways You Can Give:
- Remember the foundation in your will or estate plans, either identifying a specific amount or a percentage of the residual.
- Establish a charitable gift annuity to provide the Avera McKennan Foundation with a stream of fixed payments for life in exchange for a gift.
- Set up an endowment where only the interest is used, establishing a permanent gift to your favorite charity.
- Create a charitable remainder trust to support our mission and receive steady payments during your retirement years.
- Plan for your retirement with deferred gift annuities, where making a gift to the Foundation allows you a tax deduction, and provides you income for the rest of your life.
There are many ways to give. Our staff would love to visit with you about your motivation for making a gift and help you decide which method is best for you. We enjoy hearing from individuals who are passionate about making an impact on healthcare in our community.
Avera McKennan Foundation Giving Club
We invite you to be part of our family of care through your financial gifts, volunteering your time, or lifting us up in prayer. With your generous help, we can continue to meet the needs of those we serve. To become a member of one of these giving clubs, please contact us.
Founders create a lasting legacy through planned gifts such as bequests, charitable annuities, life insurance, trusts, real estate, stocks, or bonds. Founders have the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy of caring for life that will positively impact people's lives.
Stewardship means treating the earth's people and resources with justice and responsibility. Good stewards promote respect, truth, and integrity between those serving and those being served. Donors of cumulative gifts of $10,000 or more are recognized as members of our Stewardship Society.
Membership in the Hospitality Council is extended to those who make a commitment of $10,000 or more, payable over 10 years and demonstrate through their own lives the virtues and healing benefits of hospitality.
Circle of Compassion
Membership in the Circle of Compassion is extended to those who pledge $2,500 or more, payable up to 5 years. Members prove their own compassion through their generous gift.