Avera St. Mary's Foundation
Help us build a cancer center in Pierre
Avera has received a grant of $7.5 million from The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust that will go toward construction of the new building, plus a new linear accelerator for radiation treatment, specialized infusion chairs, and a TUG robot that delivers medications including chemotherapy to care units in the hospital and cancer center.
In addition, The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust is offering a dollar-for-dollar matching grant of up to $2.5 million that challenges central South Dakota communities to match those dollars to reach a total of $5 million. This will:
- Increase access to cancer care treatment and services in underserved central South Dakota
- Increase quality of life for patients
- Expand specialized physician and support staff
- Help navigate some of life’s biggest challenges in fighting cancer
Learn more about the Helmsley Center Challenge, donate, or get involved, or call 605-224-3451.
Avera St. Mary's Foundation mission is to meet the health care needs of Central South Dakota, through the financial support of individuals, businesses, organizations and foundations.
Please take some time to see the work the Foundation does and join us in supporting the health care needs in central South Dakota. Thank you for visiting us.
Memorial gifts: A perfect way to remember a special friend or loved one. Memorial gifts also help to provide for the special needs of people seeking health care in our region. Your gift can help save a life or improve the quality of living for others. Through your support, you will touch the lives of our patients, residents, and their families in a special and meaningful way.
Honor gifts: Celebrate special events and occasions in our lives or the lives of our family and friends. By remembering someone in this way, you not only honor that person, but also support health care services for people in our region. Honor gifts are given in celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduations, or as a way to express your thanks for a kind gesture.
Endowment gifts: In the form of true, term, and general endowments help provide continuing long-term resources to meet present and future needs of individuals as we fulfill our health care mission. As you make financial plans for your future, please remember the Avera St. Mary's Foundation.
The following practical, affordable methods are also available for individuals to make charitable donations:
- Life Insurance Policy - list the Avera St. Mary's Foundation as the beneficiary
- Estate Planning - identify a specific amount or percentage of the residual for the Avera St. Mary's Foundation
- Stocks, Mutual Funds, and Property
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Gift Annuity or Deferred Gift Annuities, where making a gift to the Avera St. Mary's Foundation allows the donor a tax deduction and provides income for the rest of their life
5th Annual Step Forward to Prevent Suicide Walk/Run
Saturday, September 10 | 8:30 a.m. at the Capitol Lake Visitor Center
Join us to help bring awareness to suicide and the importance of mental, emotional and physical wellness. Register or learn more.
Gala 2017: Off to the Races!
Join us at the Kentucky Derby. Look for more information to come soon.