Avera Health Source
Your source for the Avera Health Library, Information Centers, Health Tools and Assessments.
Welcome to Avera's library of health information. Here you'll find general information from trustworthy sources about hundreds of health topics. Our name, Avera, means "to be well," and that's our wish for you!
We now offer even more on-line health content!
Illustrated Health Encyclopedia
- Care for women and their children during pregnancy, including calculators to help figure estimated pregnancy weight gain, due date, and baby growth.
- The Cancer Center provides information on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and care of cancer patients.
- The Heart Center provides in-depth information on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and care of cardiac patients.
- The Neurology Center contains information on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and care of conditions that affect the brain and nerves.
Tools & Assessments
- Wellness Tools - Helps you calculate BMI, calories burned, target heart rate, ideal weight, and waist to hip ratios.
- Thomson Drug Interaction Tool - Designed to help you understand what medications could, when taken together, produce unwanted side effects.
- Thomson Drug Notes - The Drug Notes include instructions on how to take medications, what to avoid while taking medications, what the side effects and drug interactions are, and many more important sections.
- Care Guides - Your step by step condition guides for high blood pressure, allergy, high cholesterol, asthma, diabetes, back pain arthritis, weight loss and exercise.