Community Partnership Requests
Thank you for your interest in seeking financial support from Avera. Guided by our values of compassion, hospitality and stewardship, we intend to be good stewards of our resources to make a difference in the lives of others. Therefore, we have implemented an annual Community Partnership/Donation Request process for those seeking sponsorships or other support.
As funds are limited, priority will be given to requests that are aligned with our mission and/or our strategic plan and:
- Promote health and wellness
- Serve or support unmet community health needs
- Enhance or encourage active and healthy lifestyles
- Provide civic and/or community development
Avera will not provide funding for the following:
- Political election campaigns
- Requests from individuals or individual teams
- Medical expenses for individuals
- For-profit entities
Anyone requesting funds or sponsorship from Avera is asked to follow this process:
- Because we review fund requests on an annual basis, all requests must be received by April 15 for the coming fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- We understand there are occasionally emerging needs, so requests received after that date will be reviewed on a quarterly basis, and as resources permit. Please submit the following form at least 6 weeks before your event. A member of the Community Partnership/Donation Team will let you know if this request is funded and at what level, approximately 30 days after receiving the request.
- Organizations submitting for multiple events/programs throughout the year must combine all requests onto one form so we have a full picture of your organization's needs. This includes in-kind donations such as volunteers and giveaway items or door prizes that will be needed.
Requests received from outside of the Avera service area will not be considered. The Avera service area includes central and eastern South Dakota, western Minnesota, northwestern Iowa, southern North Dakota and northern Nebraska.
Because our strategic and financial priorities can change over time, please know that previous funding does not guarantee funding for subsequent years, or on an ongoing basis.
If you have questions about any of the above, please email Ryan Murphy, Donation and Sponsorship Coordinator.
Best wishes for a prosperous year!
Community Partnership Request Form