This course is designed to teach you the lifesaving skills required to be both a team member and a team leader in either an in hospital or out of hospital setting. This course covers extensive material in a short time and you will need to prepare for the course beforehand.
Registration is required at 7:45 AM at the Avera Professional Office Pavilion located at 409 Summit Street. Space is limited
Class Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy
Avera Community Training Center reserves the right to require a non-refundable pre-payment for course registration. A case-by-case review for refund or rescheduling requests will be made by the AESS Director and/or ACTC Coordinator.
For any additional accommodations, please contact our office at 605-668-8475
Please complete prior to class: (print results for instructor to verify)
Print and bring to class:
This course will be taught using the 2015 American Heart Association - Pediatric Advanced Life Support – Provider Manual. Participants are expected to review and study the required textbook prior to the course. Textbooks will not be available to purchase on the day of the course. Textbooks are available for purchase from the following companies:
Channing L Bete Co. Laerdal Medical Corporation
Phone 1-800-611-6083 Phone: 1-888-562-4242
You should prepare for the course as follows:
- Read Part 1 – Course Overview (pages 1 –14) in the Provider Book. This covers everything needed to know to prepare for this class.
- Pre-course Checklist: Complete the pre-course checklist that is listed on the website & in the email.
- CPR Competency: You will not be taught how to do CPR or how to use an AED during the course. You must know this in advance especially as they relate to the pediatric patient. The resuscitation scenarios require that your BLS skills and knowledge are current.
- Complete the PALS Pre-course Self-Assessment on the Student Website. www.heart.org/eccstudent Enter code: pals15
- PALS algorithms: Be familiar with the PALS algorithms and flowcharts so that you can apply them to clinical scenarios.
It is very important to prepare yourself for this course. Feel free to wear casual attire and silence your electronical devices. If you have any questions or need to cancel your registration in this course, please contact me at (605) 668-8475. We look forward to your participation in the PALS Provider Course.