If you or a loved one needs assistance, has in-home safety concerns or is transitioning from the hospital, look to Avera@Home for the support and products you need to be safe and improve the quality of life in your home.
Avera@Home’s Compass of Care delivery model helps you identify which services best fit you or a loved one’s needs. Avera@Home services include:
- Home health care – offers a full range of skilled nursing, therapy and home health aide services
- Hospice care – provides specialized 24/7 hospice services for patients dealing with terminal illness
- Home medical equipment – rents or sells home medical equipment and supplies for in-home support
Avera@Home Self Assessment
Discover which home health services may be a good fit for you or a loved one by completing our quick self-assessment.
Take the Self-Assessment
Frequently Asked Questions about Avera@Home Services
How Do I Know Which Avera@Home Services I Need?
Deciding which services are a good fit for you or a loved one can be a challenge. How do you know which is best?
Count on our dedicated team to guide you through the decision-making process. When it comes to in-home care, no two situations are alike. That’s why it’s important to understand your unique circumstance before developing a personalized care plan.
When you schedule an in-home assessment, you receive feedback with no waiting. You’ll also receive an itemized care plan you can trust.
One of our Avera@Home professionals can meet you at the hospital or around your kitchen table. Feel welcome to invite family members so that everyone understands your needs and goals.
To schedule an in-home assessment at your convenience, call 605-322-4663.
You can also begin to understand your home health needs by taking our quick Avera@Home Self-Assessment.
How Can I Pay for Avera@Home Services?
In certain cases, you may receive referrals for home health care services and ask yourself: How can I afford this? How will I be able to pay for this?
Avera@Home staff works with Medicare, Medicaid, most insurance, private pay and other payor sources to help you continue to receive the quality care you need and desire.
If you have health insurance, we also recommend several tips to help you better understand and take advantage of your benefits.
- Call your health insurance carrier or login to your health insurance member portal to view your plan benefits and policy details.
- Every health plan is required to provide members with a policy or a Summary of Benefits and Coverage, which is a good source of information about your benefits. Your Summary of Benefits and Coverage will help you identify and compare the following items:
- Page 1 explains your deductible and out-of-pocket maximum that you’ll have to pay. If you have a hospital stay, you probably meet both of these limits and therefore, the services will be covered by coinsurance or co-pay.
- Page 4 provides information about what will be covered when you need help recovering at home or have other special needs. There may be a limit of how many days you can receive the services or require a preauthorization before receiving the services.
To learn what to look for, view this example of a Summary of Benefits and Coverage. Note that all Summary of Benefits and Coverage have the same format, but different coverage.
Who Will Come to My Home?
When you rely on Avera@Home, you’ll have a trained team of professionals dedicated to providing you with the care you need in the comfort of your own home. Depending on your needs, you may benefit from the expert care from one or all of the following:
- Care assistants
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Social workers
- Speech therapists
In addition to providing direct care, our team can also teach you and your family how to provide self-care and how to care for loved ones.
Do I need a Referral to Receive Services?
No referral is necessary. If you think you or a loved one needs Avera@Home services, please complete our Avera@Home online assessment and we'll be in contact with you to discuss what services may benefit you.
To learn more about our nondiscrimination policy, view our Notice Informing Individuals About Nondiscrimination and Accessibility Requirements (Section 1557).
The Internal Revenue Service Form 990 has been filed, if applicable, in compliance with federal law, and is displayed immediately after filing on the recipient's or sub-recipient's website. Additional Information