Our Commitment to Health and Safety
At Avera@Home, the health and well-being of our patients is always our first priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve implemented additional protocols to safeguard the health and safety of our patients, their families and our staff from potential exposure to the virus.
Here’s what you can expect from your Avera@Home team when we come to visit:
- We will wear a mask and eye covering. We will wash our hands before we care for you and then again before leaving your home.
- We will be sure to sit at least 6 feet away from you and your loved ones, except when we check your heart and blood pressure or provide other hands-on care.
- To keep you and your loved ones safe, we will limit the amount of time in your home. This means our visits will be a bit shorter than they have been in the past – but please be assured that we will always provide the care you need.
- Between in-person visits, we may check in with you by phone as needed to make sure you are meeting your health goals.
Before we come to visit, we ask that you take the following steps to prepare:
- Please check your temperature as well as the temperature of your loved ones. If anyone has a fever over 100 F – or if anyone feels sick – please call your nurse.
- Please wipe off counters and doorknobs with disinfectant.
- Please wash your hands and face with soap and water.
- Please set masks out for you and your loved ones so they are ready to wear when we arrive.
- As soon as we arrive, put on your mask.
If you and your loved ones do not have masks, please let us know. We are happy to provide one. Masks help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses, and our protocols are based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.