RECIPE: This Not-Potato Salad is Amazing!
Sometimes, you'll find a recipe that replaces less-than-great-for you things with other foods and think "Meh" - but that's not the case with this one.
Try this salad, that packs all the flavor of the summer fave potato salad, but less than half the guilt that might go with the starchier party-pleaser. You may find you never want to go back to the "real" thing!
Not Potato Salad
Get an easy-to-print version of this recipe
1 head or 1 bag cauliflower, riced
2 celery stalks, diced
¼ yellow onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
2 hardboiled eggs, shelled and diced
2 tablespoons Walden Farms Mayo
1 tablespoon Dijon or stone-ground mustard
½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
1. Add one inch water to the bottom of a medium size pot with lid, then insert steamer basket and fill basket with chopped cauliflower. Cover.
2. Heat water until boiling, and then steam cauliflower on the stove until slightly tender, about 10 minutes on medium-high heat. Do not overcook; it can cause a strong smell and mushy texture.
3. Drain cauliflower well and immediately rinse with cold water to cool. Place in large bowl.
4. Add celery, onion, parsley and eggs.
5. Stir in mayo, mustard, and sea salt (if using).
6. Serve immediately or take to your picnic. Enjoy!