Try This Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Summer Confetti Salad
You'll have plenty of picnic and gathering chances this summer, and this is thee salad you should bring.
You need not worry about friends who avoid carbs and gluten — this one is free of them. And the best part is simple: it tastes amazing!
You'll be impressing everyone regardless of their diet or preferences – so grab some fresh herbs and whip it up.
Summer Confetti Salad
For the Salad
- 3 cups chopped broccoli (or cauliflower or combination)
- ½ cup scallions
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup red/purple cabbage finely chopped or one bag of cabbage
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, julienned
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup avocado or grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener such as Stevia or Swerve
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Combine all the chopped veggies in a large bowl and toss to mix them together.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
Note: You can store unused portion refrigerated up to five days.
Source: Drs. Dawn Flickema and Sally Williams, Avera Medical Group Integrative Medicine Sioux Falls