Dinner Ready in 20: Pesto Pasta Salad
Grill, crockpot or bake a few extra pounds of chicken ahead of time, or buy a rotisserie chicken on the way home. As long as you have some cooked chicken and this recipe and just five additional ingredients, you can have a healthy supper on the table in 20 minutes or less.
Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 pound (16 ounce) whole wheat pasta
- 1 jar (12 ounce) roasted red pepper, drained and roughly chopped
- ¾ cup basil pesto
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups cooked chicken (note: this recipe's great without meat, too)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
- In a large serving bowl toss cooled pasta with remaining ingredients until combined.
Source: Lauren Cornay, RD, LN
Lauren Cornay is a registered dietitian with Avera Heart Hospital. Learn more about nutrition and great ways to make healthier meals.