Dinner Ready in 20: White Chicken Chili
Grill or bake a few extra pounds of chicken ahead of time, buy a rotisserie chicken or cook some in the slow cooker during the day. As long as you have some cooked chicken on hand, with just 5 additional ingredients, you can have a healthy balanced dinner on the table in 20 minutes or less.
White Chicken Chili
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups chicken, cooked
- 2 (15 ounce) great northern beans
- 16 ounce jar of salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons cumin
* Optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, shredded cheese, onions, sour cream
- Combine chicken stock, chicken, beans, salsa and cumin together in a large stockpot.
- Cook on high until the soup reaches a simmer.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Source: Lauren Cornay, RD, LN
Lauren Cornay is a registered dietitian with Avera Heart Hospital. Learn more about nutrition and great ways to make healthier meals.