Fish Tacos with Pineapple Slaw
Tacos are a great way to add fish into your diet. Hy-Vee Dietitian Anna Schroeder has a great recipe to try your hand at grilling fish for zesty fish tacos.
- 2 cups Hy-Vee coleslaw mix
- 1 cup fresh pineapple pieces
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 teaspoon Hy-Vee salt, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoon sriracha sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Hy-Vee Select olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Hy-Vee chili powder
- 2 (12 oz. each) package Hy-Vee frozen mahi-mahi fillets, thawed
- 12 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas
- 1 small lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Oil grill rack. Preheat grill for direct cooking to medium-high heat.
- For pineapple slaw, in a medium bowl combine coleslaw mix, pineapple, red pepper, onion, yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon sriracha; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, chili powder and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; dip both sides of fish fillets in oil mixture to coat. Place fish skin-side-down on grill rack. Grill, covered, without turning for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- Grill tortillas about 20 seconds per side or until warm and slightly grill-marked.
- Break fish into bite-size pieces; sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce and squeeze juice from 2 lemon wedges over fish. Divide fish and slaw among tortillas. Serve with remaining lemon wedges for squeezing over tacos.
20% vitamin A
45% vitamin C
Nutrition Facts per serving:
||Saturated Fat: 2g
|Dietary Fiber: 3g
||Trans fats: 0g