How to Make Fiber-Rich Dry Beans with Recipes
Beans are a great source of fiber, which is great for colon health.
Quick Soaking Dry Beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup beans
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place water, beans and salt into the Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot to manual and cook for 2-8 minutes at pressure.
- Once time is up, slow-release the pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Strain, rinse and drain the beans.
- You are now able to use these beans in any recipe at normal cooking time.
Note: You can double, triple, or half this recipe as long as you keep the ratio of beans to water at 1 parts beans to 4 parts water.
Source: Adapted by Lauren Cornay, RD, LN, from InstantPot.com
Now that you have your beans ready, try one of these recipes:
Learn more about nutrition and get great recipes. You can also learn more about how all-in-one cooking devices can save you time in the kitchen.