Recipe: Meatloaf and Potatoes All in One!
This hearty, healthy meal will fill everyone up yet not take too much time, as the magic of the all-in-one cooker gets everything hot at once. If you have one and it fits, you can use a Bundt pan instead of the aluminum bowl.
Meatloaf and Potatoes All in One!
- 10-12 small to medium red potatoes
- 1½ cups water (or chicken broth)
For the meatloaf
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 cup crushed croutons
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup tomato juice or tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- Place potatoes and water in the all-in-one cooker or Instant Pot, then place wire rack over potatoes.
- With some nonstick aluminum foil, make a bowl to fit the cooking space.
- Mix up meatloaf ingredients and form into a loaf in the aluminum foil bowl.
- Place aluminum bowl with meatloaf on top of the wire rack/or trivet.
- Cover and secure the lid and press the manual button. Set the timer for 20 minutes on high pressure. The valve should be set to sealing. When the timer goes off, do a quick release by moving the valve to venting.
- While waiting, prepare an oven broiler on high.
- Open the lid and lift the foil and place on a pan. Baste the top of the meatloaf with barbeque sauce or ketchup and place under the broiler in your oven for 2 minutes. Remove and drain potatoes.
Note: You can either eat the potatoes as is with choice of toppings, or make mashed potatoes by adding 3 tablespoons butter and ¼ cup milk to potatoes. Mash and enjoy.