Recipe: 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
'Tis the season for all things gourds and pumpkin — and this recipe puts a protein-packed spin on flapjacks you can try for a fun breakfast. (Or a breakfast-for-supper weeknight treat.)
5-Ingredient Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- Spray or butter so your pancakes don’t stick to your griddle
- 8 egg whites – or 4 whole eggs (farm-fresh eggs are the best for this recipe)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for pancakes together until just combined.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add a small spoonful of pancake mixture to test, making sure skillet is hot enough to add pancake batter. Once bottom of tester pancake starts to form, flip and then remove from heat.
- Add pancake batter by large ladle scoop, cooking four pancakes at a time and flipping once a bottom starts to form, about 5 minutes.
Source: Amanda Viau Hopkins, Food Service Director ACE, CEC, Avera McKennan Hospital & University Center