Recipe: Baked Apples (with ice cream, of course)
Apples are the base of this treat. Make them with your kids for an easy weeknight dessert.
Baked Apples with Ice Cream
- 1 apple, core removed
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla ice cream
- Take the apple and cut it in half. Remove core.
- Sprinkle raisins over the apple, and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350° F.
- Carefully remove from the oven and sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over each apple half.
- Scoop ice cream over the apple halves and enjoy.
For a little crunch, sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans before baking.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 231
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 910mg
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Fat: 4g