Recipe: Balsamic Vinegar Strawberries
Balsamic Vinegar Strawberries
Makes 4 servings
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- In a medium bowl whisk together vinegar, honey and vanilla.
- Gently stir in the strawberries, and then marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Drain the vinegar mixture and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 69 calories, 0.5 gm of fat, 16 gm of carbohydrate and 1 gm of protein
Lauren Cornay, RD, LN, is a registered dietitian at Avera Heart Hospital. Get more insight on nutrition and health.