Recipe: Broccoli and Walnut Salad
A variety of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet is great for your colon health. Try this nutty salad that’s chock full of vegetables and complementary flavors.
Broccoli and Walnut Salad
- 3 cups roughly chopped broccoli florets
- ½ medium head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 to 12 large lettuce leaves
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes cut into wedges
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, raisins, onions, bell pepper, and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar and olive oil.
- Toss with the combined salad ingredients.
- Serve the mixture atop lettuce leaves with tomato wedges on individual salad plates.
Source: StayWell Company, LLC