Recipe: Chicken Pesto Soup
What could be better than soup this time of year? Soup with only five ingredients that tastes amazing!
Chicken Pesto Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Great Northern or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup pesto (Note: Most any brand of prepared pesto works well)
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Stir together stock, spinach, chicken and beans in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over high heat until the soup reaches a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in pesto, and simmer for 2-5 minutes
- Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Source: Lauren Cornay, RD, LN, Avera Heart Hospital