Recipe: Chipotle Lime Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
When you add a little spice and citrus to these roasted veggies, it changes the whole game. Try this recipe for an innovative approach to healthy side dishes.
Chipotle Lime Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1 head of fresh cauliflower
- ½ cup chipotle lime mayo
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or grape seed or melted coconut oil)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
Optional: Radishes and cherry tomatoes for garnish and color.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into large pieces.
- Mix the mayo, oil and salt in a mixing bowl. Using a basting brush, apply the mixture to the tops of the veggies.
- Place the cauliflower tops side down on the prepared pan, and the broccoli tops facing up.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then reverse the vegetables (moving cauliflower tops up and the broccoli tops down.)
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Garnish with radishes and cherry tomatoes, if desired.